Barcelona's Neymar: I don't watch much of Real Madrid games

Barcelona forward Neymar says he cannot
give an opinion on Real Madrid -- as he rarely
watches them play.
Neymar, 23, has been in outstanding form of
late, helping to keep Barca neck-and-neck
with Madrid at the top of the Primera
Division table -- Rafa Benitez's side are
ahead on goal difference -- even with Lionel
Messi out injured.
Asked for his thoughts on Los Blancos ahead
of the Clasico at the Estadio Santiago
Bernabeu on Nov. 21, the Brazil captain told
beIN SPORTS ESPANA that it was difficult to
answer as he almost never watched other
teams in action.

"I hope we can enjoy many years together,
with Messi and Luis Suarez, and in our best
form," he said. "I do not know if we are the
best but we are doing a good job. We have a
great friendship on and off the pitch, and
that helps a lot.
"I knew how Barcelona played [before joining]
and I loved their way of playing and the
players the club had. I knew Leo was there.
He is the best, and I adapted to his play. Leo
gets on the ball more than anyone, and
Suarez and I must make movements to create
chances to score."
Neymar is currently leading La Liga's Pichichi
top scorer charts with nine goals from the
first 10 games, while he has also been widely
tipped for a place on the podium alongside
Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo at the 2015
Ballon d'Or awards.
However, individual prizes were not so
important to him, the former Santos player
added.
"I want to keep doing my work, playing in my
own way, and helping my teammates," he
said "For me to win [team] trophies is the
most important. Leo and Cristiano are always
fighting for the Ballon d'Or. They are the two
players from another world, that does not
bother me.
"I want to help my teammates. I want to help
by scoring goals, assists, whatever. I am not
worried about being top scorer. What
concerns me is being happy on the pitch, and
Barcelona winning."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We need to keep working – Daniel Carvajal

Arsenal are ready to meet Nolito’s Celta Vigo release clause of £12.6 million and are in pole position to land the Spaniard in January, according to The Telegraph.